2019 Black Crows camox FREEBIRD touring ski
“the camox freebird is a modern mid-fat touring ski for skiers who want to play on the descent. its rocker keeps it really easy to manoeuvre, while its float makes it fun in deep powder. my idea was to create a touring ski that you could ski powder on in mid-winter and still enjoy long into the spring when touring season is on.”
julien regnier, shaper
playful flex, classic camber and double rocker – all-terrain pleasure, touring style.
with good grip on hardpack, very stable at high speed and playful in powder, the camox freebird is an excellent touring set-up for skiers who ski a lot in a wide variety of conditions.
- Intermediate width: 96mm wide.
- progressive front rocker and slight rear rocker: pivot control, manoeuvrability, planing.
- medium classic camber: classic camber underfoot with moderate ski/snow contact, (balance manoeuvrability with stability).
- slightly raised tail: soft ending to curves, practical for touring (for fitting skins or sticking the skis upright in the snow… not a unimportant point).
- Intermediate flex: a tolerant and comfortable ski.
- New lighter core: 2.75kg per pair in 178cm.
MOTO: I believe I can Fly
“the swiss army knife” of french skis. floats in pow and rails on hardpack.”
“really lays it over. super fun in all conditions: chunder, powder and slush.”
skilabo award 2016
fall-line magazine ski of the year 2015-2016